Interesting Facts about Cambodia
Cambodia Interesting Facts
Cambodia, officially the Kingdom of Cambodia, is a country in Asia. Here are some interesting facts about Cambodia:
- The Cambodian flag in its current form was originally adopted in 1989 and reapproved in 1993. The coat of arms has been adopted since the establishment of the independent Kingdom of Cambodia in 1953.
- The only flag in the world that depicts a building is the flag of Cambodia.
- In April, Cambodians celebrate the New Year.
- Across the country, insects are widely consumed as food.
- Cambodia has the largest freshwater lake in Southeast Asia.
- Cambodia is home to rare animal species.
- In Cambodia, the dollar is unofficially used as a second currency.
- Four name changes have been made to Cambodia in the last 60 years.
- Cambodia has the world's largest religious monument called “Angkor Wat”.
- In Cambodia, the best way to travel is by “tuk tuk” transport.
- A traditional Cambodian wedding can easily last for three days.
- In Cambodia, the head is a sacred part of the body, and you should never stroke anyone's head.
- Cambodia is one of the fastest growing economies in Asia.
- The only official language in Cambodia is Khmer.
- In Cambodia, 95% of people are Buddhists.
- One of the youngest populations in Southeast Asia is Cambodia.
- The second largest source of income in the Cambodia is tourism.
- Funerals are very expensive in Cambodia.
- One of Southeast Asia's top beaches is in Cambodia.
- Mountains surround and protect Cambodia.
- "The world's best rice" is produced in Cambodia.
- Cambodia is a country located in Southeast Asia. It shares borders with Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam.