Interesting Facts about United Kingdom
United Kingdom Interesting Facts
United Kingdom, officially The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK), is a country in Europe. Here are some interesting facts about United Kingdom:
- The most famous drink amoung the British is a tea.
- More than 300 langauges are spoken in the United Kingdom.
- The monument of Stonehenge which is located in the United Kingdom, is one of the oldest monuments in the world.
- Golf was created in Scotland. Nowodays, it is considered as a national sport.
- Queen Elizabeth was the longest-reigning Queen in the world.
- The British royal family still resides at The Windsor Castle.
- The shortest war in history was between United Kingdom and Zanzibar Sultanate in 1896.
- BBC was created in the United Kingdom.
- The oldest institution in the United Kingdom is an Oxford University.
- Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwlllllandysiliogogogoch - it is the name of the city in Scotland. It is the longest name of the city in the world.
- The UK has a lot of Indian restaurants.
- There is no official religion in the United Kingdom.
- There are only 15 national parks in the United Kingdom.
- There is no active volcano in the United Kingdom.
- Corante was the first British newspaper.
- Royal wedding in the United Kingdom is a national holiday.
- There are more than 170 museums in London.
- London is the greatest city in the United Kingdom and the most expensive city to live in.
- The United Kingdom is know for its rainy weather.
- In the United Kingdom uou can often see pubs with the name Red Lion.
- All horses in the United Kingdom have to have a passport.
- Unique type of mosquito was discovered by scientists in the underground of London.
- Football is one of the most popular sports in United Kingdom.
- French was the official language in the United Kingdom for almsot 300 years (1066-1362).
- United Kingdom is a home for the second largest library in the world. It contains 150 million items.
- Shakespeare added approximately 3000 words to the English language.
- The first speeding ticket was issued in the United Kingdom.
- Killing a swan is illegal in the United Kingdom.
- The United Kingdom (UK) shares land borders with only Ireland.