Interesting Facts about Taiwan
Taiwan Interesting Facts
Taiwan, officially the Republic of China, is a country in Asia. Here are some interesting facts about Taiwan:
- Taiwan often confused with Thailand.
- There is a land bridge between Taiwan and China.
- Taiwan is home to the Austronesian people.
- The most mountainous island in the world is Taiwan.
- Mountain "Yushan" in Taiwan almost became one of the "New Seven Wonders".
- Taipei City has an active volcano.
- Taiwan district is one of the crowded places in the world.
- The living descendent of Confucius lives in Taiwan.
- In Taiwan was recorded the longest rainbow ever.
- Taiwanese students spend almost half of their day at school.
- The freest country in Asia is Taiwan.
- Taiwan was Japanese colony for 50 years.
- There are four official languages in Taiwan.
- Bubble tea was invented in Taiwan.
- Cat cafes was invented in Taiwan.
- The best "oolong" tea in the world produces in Taiwan.
- Taiwan ranks second in the concentration of convenience stores.
- Taiwan was one of the four "Asian Tigers".
- Taiwan is only officially recognized by 13 countries.
- Since 2021, Taiwan's passport called Taiwan. Before it was called Republic of China.
- The tallest green building in the world is Taipei 101.
- Taiwan has its own calendar.
- One of the dangerous festivals in the world is in Taiwan.
- The largest collection of Chinese art is in Taiwan.
- Taiwan borders the People's Republic of China (PRC) to the northwest, Japan to the northeast, and the Philippines to the south.