Interesting Facts about Andorra
Andorra Interesting Facts
Andorra, officially the Principality of Andorra, is a country in Europe. Here are some interesting facts about Andorra:
- Andorra doesn’t have an airport. The nearest international airports to Andorra are in Spain and France.
- Andorra is the 16th smallest country in the world.
- Andorra is one of the safest countries in the world.
- The world’s longest alpine slide Tobotronc is located in Andorra.
- The country is located in the heart of the Pyrenees and consists of many mountain valleys.
- The 11th smallest country by population is Andorra.
- Andorra never had its own currency.
- The largest spa in Europe is in Andorra.
- Andorra was one of the last countries in the world to ban smoking indoors.
- Andorra is the only joint principality in the world.
- Andorra has one of the lowest taxes on food and alcohol.
- Andorra produces a lot of tobacco.
- Andorra’s capital is the highest on the European continent.
- The largest natural park "Madriu-Perafita-Claror Valley" in Andorra is an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Andorra uses the same color combination on its flag as Chad, Moldova and Romania.
- Only 1/3 of the people who live in the country are Andorran.
- Andorra has participated in Olympic Games since 1976 but never won a medal.
- Andorra is not part the Eurozone, the EFTA, or the European Union.
- A Russian adventurer Boris Skossyreff claimed ownership of Andorra in 1934.
- Andorra has the most tourists per capita in the world.
- Andorra borders France to the north and east and Spain to the south and west.