Interesting Facts about France
France Interesting Facts
France, officially French Republic, is a country in Europe. Here are some interesting facts about France:
- France is the largest country in Europe.
- The most popular tourist attraction in the world is France.
- You can marry a dead person in France.
- Hot air balloon was invented in France.
- France was the first country to ban supermarkets from throwing away food.
- The oldest person who ever lived was a French. Jeanne Louise Calment lived 122 years and 164 days.
- Same-sex marriage in France was legalized in 2013.
- France is a home for many Noble Prize winners in literature.
- The EU's highest mountain is located in French Alps.
- The Louvre museum is the most visited museum in the world.
- The most expensive bottle of wine in the world produced by France.
- The croissant wasn't invented in France. Austria is a home for croissant.
- It's forbidden to kiss on train platforms. In France, it is actually illegal to kiss while a train is on the platform.
- The most busiest railway station in Europe is Paris Gare du Nord in France.
- 30,000 tons of snails are eaten in France.
- The tradition of wearing a white dress for a wedding originated in France.
- France had a king that lasted only 20 minutes.
- Camouflage was invented by the French army.
- The French believe that placing a baguette (or any type of bread) upside down can cause bad luck.
- The Tour de France over 100 years.
- The nickname of France is L’Hexagone.
- Statue of Liberty in the US was a gift from France.
- There are 12 different time zones in France.
- France is a home for Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci.
- The world's first human photograph was taken in Paris, France.
- French toast not from France.