Interesting Facts about Bahrain
Bahrain Interesting Facts
Bahrain, officially the Kingdom of Bahrain, is a country in Asia. Here are some interesting facts about Bahrain:
- The flag of Bahrain has a white strip in the middle that is separated from the red parts by five triangles that look like a saw. These five triangles represent the five important parts of Islam.
- Bahrain is an archipelago of 33 islands located in the Middle East, in the Persian Gulf.
- The name Bahrain means "two seas" in Arabic, referring to the two bodies of water that surround the country.
- Bahrain is known as the "Pearl of the Gulf" due to its long history of pearl diving and trade.
- Bahrain is the smallest country in the Middle East, with a total area of just 765.3 square kilometers.
- Bahrain is also one of the most densely populated countries in the world, with a population of over 1.6 million people.
- People in Bahrain use Arabic as their official language, but many of them can also speak and understand English very well.
- In Bahrain healthcare is free for its citizens.
- Bahrain is a constitutional monarchy, with a king as the head of state and a parliament with elected members.
- Bahrain has the lowest freshwater supply in the world.
- Bahrain is also a major producer of oil and gas, with oil and gas accounting for over 70% of the country's revenues.
- Bahrain is also known for its traditional handicrafts, including pottery, weaving, and basketry.
- Bahrain has a diverse cuisine, with influences from Indian, Persian, and Arabic cuisine.
- Bahrain is home to the Al-Fateh Mosque, one of the largest mosques in the world, which can accommodate over 7,000 worshippers.
- Bahrain is also home to the Bahrain National Museum, which showcases the country's history and culture.
- Bahrain has a hot and humid climate, with temperatures reaching up to 50°C in the summer.
- Bahrain is known for its beautiful beaches, including Al Jazayer Beach and Marassi Beach.
- Bahrain is a tolerant and cosmopolitan society, with a mix of different cultures and religions.
- Bahrain is a popular destination for shopping, with modern malls and traditional souks selling everything from designer brands to local handicrafts.
- Bahrain is a gateway to the rest of the Middle East, with easy access to countries such as Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates.