Interesting Facts about Iran
Iran Interesting Facts
Iran, officially the Islamic Republic of Iran, is a country in Asia. Here are some interesting facts about Iran:
- People in Iran are Persians.
- Iran has its own calendar.
- Iran’s old name was Persia.
- The weekend days in Iran are Thursday and Friday.
- Iran is home to Zoroastrianism.
- Most of the university students in Iran are females.
- Iran has Persian vodka, it calls “Aragh Sagi”.
- A thumbs-up in Iran is really rude.
- Iran is an Islamic country in which Shia, also known as Shiite Muslims make up the majority.
- Iran has one of the biggest gas reserves in the world.
- Iran has 24 UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Iran is considered the only home to the critically endangered Asiatic Cheetah.
- Iranian carpets are famous along the world.
- The highest volcano in Asia is in Iran.
- Iranian females over the age of nine are required to wear a Hijab in public.
- The most popular sport in Iran is football.
- Iran has only one river which is accessible to boats.
- There eight rivers in Iran.
- Iran is the 18th largest country in the world.
- The majority of the population of Iran is under 30 years old.
- Iran holds the Guinness World Record for the largest hand-woven carpet.