Interesting Facts about Kyrgyzstan
Kyrgyzstan Interesting Facts
Kyrgyzstan, officially the Kyrgyz Republic, is a country in Central Asia. Here are some interesting facts about Kyrgyzstan:
- Kyrgyzstan independent from the Soviet Union since 1991.
- Kyrgyzstan is a land-locked country.
- 90% of the population of Kyrgyzstan are Sunni Muslims.
- 70% of the Kyrgyzstan is mountains.
- Kyrgyzstan is one of the least-crowded countries in the world.
- Kyrgyzstan produces the longest poem in history.
- Lake Issyk Kul - the world’s second-largest high-altitude lake is in Kyrgyzstan.
- Kyrgyzstan has three UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- One of the shortest railway networks in the world is in Kyrgyzstan.
- There are about 2,000 lakes in Kyrgyzstan.
- Kyrgyzstan national drink is Horse Milk.
- The largest walnut forest in the world is in Kyrgyzstan.
- Yurts are still widely used in Kyrgyzstan.
- Kyrgyzstan created the World Nomad Games.
- The tradition of hunting with eagles is still practiced.
- Bishkek is the largest city in Kyrgyzstan, at the same time the capital.
- Kyrgyzstan’s second name is “Switzerland of Central Asia” (named by people).
- The highest mountain in Kyrgyzstan is about 7,400 meters.
- Epic of Manas has a whopping 500,000 lines.
- Manas is a hero of Kyrgyzstan legend.
- There are 11 national parks in Kyrgyzstan.
- National dish in Kyrgyzstan is Beshbarmak.
- Horse meat is always on the menu in Kyrgyzstan.
- Kumys is a national drink of Kyrgyzstan.