Interesting Facts about United States of America
United States of America Interesting Facts
United States of America, officially United States of America (USA), is a country in North America. Here are some interesting facts about United States of America:
- The United States is made up of 50 states. National government is located in Washitngton, DC.
- Americans are the first and only people to walk on the moon.
- Americans write the dates as Month/Day/Year instead of Day/Month/Year.
- The Gateway Arch is the tallest monument in the US. It is also known as the Gateway to the West and located in St. Louis, Missouri.
- The US has the largest economy in the world.
- More than half of the US volcanoes are located in Alaska. Also, Alaska is the largest state in America, it used to belong to the Russian Empire before the US purchased it.
- The US Constitution is fully in force on the uninhabited Palmyra Atoll.
- The original inhabitants of the American continent are the Indians.
- Nobel Prizes are most often awarded to US citizens.
- More than 45% of Americans believe in the existence of aliens.
- The Afghan war is the longest war in US history.
- The most popular sport in the United States is American football, also known as rugby.
- From 1659 to 1681 it was forbidden to celebrate Christmas in Boston, USA. However, Christmas is one of the most popular holidays in the US.
- 22 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the USA.
- The design of the US modern flag came up with a 17-year-old teenager. The drawing was school homework for which he got a bad grade.
- The first university in America was founded in 1636, it is Harvard.
- There are almost 5 thousand people in America whose first and last names are identical.
- The US symbol - the Statue of Liberty - is a gift from France.
- About 40% of the US population do not believe Darwin's theory.
- The first city founded in the United States is Santa Fe.
- When viewed from space, the brightest spot on the planet is Las Vegas.
- Washington was not always the capital of America.
- All states in United States have legalized same-sex marriage.
- The first subway in the United States was built in Boston.
- The most expensive ski resort in the USA.
- There is no state language in the USA. The most spoken languages in the US are English and Spanish.
- Americans do not have a passport, most of them live on ID.
- The United States shares land borders with Canada and Mexico.