Interesting Facts about Belgium
Belgium Interesting Facts
Belgium, officially the Kingdom of Belgium, is a country in Europe. Here are some interesting facts about Belgium:
- There is no Belgian language. Belgium has three official languages such as Dutch, French, and German.
- The most famous sport in Belgium is football.
- Belgian national symbol is a peeing boy. Boy's name is Manneken Pis. According to the legend, a boy put out the fire from spreading in Brussels by peeing on it.
- French fries were invented actually by Belgians.
- Belgium has over 1000 different types of beer. Moreover, every Belgian beer has a matching glass.
- Belgium has one of the highest tax rates in the world. If you earn more than 40,000 EUR per year, income tax is 50%.
- Belgians make flower carpets.
- It is not Santa Claus who comes to Belgium, but Sinterklaas or Saint Nicholas.
- Belgians co-invented the World Wide Web (www).
- Saxophone was invented by Belgian.
- Belgium holds the world record for the longest period without a government.
- Brussels is the capital of Belgium and its largest city.
- Belgium got its name from the Romans.
- Belgium is one of the founding members of the EU, WTO, OECD, NATO, and the Eurozone.
- Belgium hold the world record for the export of billiard balls.
- Blegian discovered the Big Bang theory.
- It costs money to use a public bathroom in Belgium. It costs about 30-50 EUR cents.
- Belgians are the second tallest nation in the world.
- Smurfs and Tintin come from Belgium.
- The longest tram line can be found in Belgium.
- Europe's first skyscraper was built in Belgium.