Interesting Facts about Germany
Germany Interesting Facts
Germany, officially the Federal Republic of Germany, is a country in Europe. Here are some interesting facts about Germany:
- More than half of the highways in Germany have no imposed speed limit (Germans call them Autobahn).
- The largest train station in Europe is in Berlin.
- There are more than 20,000 castles in Germany.
- German is the third most widely taught language in the world.
- The German language has 35 dialects.
- Germans love to drink a beer. That's why a beer is considered as food in the Bavaria region.
- Germany has more than 1,000 types of sausages.
- Germany has more than 3,000 types of breads.
- The Christmas tree tradition came from Germany.
- Most taxis in Germany are Mercedes-Benz.
- Germany has more than 7,000 types of beers.
- Almost half of the Germany covered with forests and woodlands.
- Germany is one of the largest car producing countries in the world.
- There are more than 400 zoos in Germany.
- To finish the Cologne Cathedral took 632 years.
- The hamburger is named after the German city of Hamburg.
- Germany is the largest economy in Europe.
- The largest city of Germany is Berlin.
- Most famous sport in Germany is a football.
- In Germany - drinking a beer in public places is legal, but smoking is prohibited.
- The first book to be printed in the world was in Germany.
- Germany is rich for bridges. There are approximately 950 bridges.