Interesting Facts about Hungary
Hungary Interesting Facts
Hungary, officially the Hungarian People's Republic, is a country in Europe. Here are some interesting facts about Hungary:
- Clinking beer glasses in Hungary is considered indecent.
- Hungarian is a unique language in Europe. It is considered one of the most difficult languages to learn.
- Hungary is one of the oldest countries in Europe.
- Hungary still has cowboys. They are called "Csikos".
- Budapest has the highest number of thermal springs in the world.
- You can’t name your child unless it is approved by the government.
- One of the famous inventions of Hungary is the Rubik's Cube.
- The largest lake in Europe is located in Hungary.
- Hungary is a home for the world's first official wine region.
- The national sport of Hungary is a water polo.
- The national dish of Hungary is gulyas.
- Hungary is one of the Central Europe's landlocked countries.
- The third largest parliament building in the wolrd is located in Budapest.
- Using the last name is common in Hungary.
- Budapest has the second oldest underground in the world.
- The second largest synagogue in the world is located in Budapest.
- The Hungarians say that Palinka cures all pains. This beverage is a traditional fruit brandy with Hungarian origins made from fruits such as apricot, plum and apple.
- The magic number in Hungary is 96.
- Paprika is Hungary’s most popular spice and a symbol of its cuisine. There are more than 40 varieties of paprika grown in Hungary.
- Hungary has won more than 465 Olympic medals.