Interesting Facts about Turkmenistan
Turkmenistan Interesting Facts
Turkmenistan is a country in Central Asia. Here are some interesting facts about Turkmenistan:
- Turkmenistan is independent from the Soviet Union since 1991.
- Turkmenistan is one of the least visited countries in the world.
- 70% of Turkmenistan is a desert.
- The Gate of Hell in Turkmenistan is a man-made mistake.
- The capital city of Turkmenistan is Ashgabat and it holds the Guinness World Record.
- Men above the age of 70 in Turkmenistan could keep a beard.
- Turkmenistan has a National Melon Day holiday.
- Turkmenistan is the only country in Central Asia where you can’t eat horse meat.
- Turkmenistan is the only officially neutral country in the world.
- Turkmenistan is well-known for its traditional carpets.
- Turkmenistan means the Place of the Turkmen.
- The favorite dish in Turkmenistan is plov.
- Turkmenistan has many unusual laws.
- The Turkmen national hat calls “telpek”.
- The most popular book in Turkmenistan is “Ruhnama”.
- The Turkmen book Ruhnama conquered space in 2005.
- Turkmenistan borders Iran and Afghanistan to the south, Uzbekistan to the north-east, and Kazakhstan to the north-west.