Interesting Facts about Czechia
Czechia Interesting Facts
Czechia, officially Czechia, is a country in Europe. Here are some interesting facts about Czechia:
- Czechia is famous for its beer. Czechs consume the most beer per capita in the world.
- The largest castle in the world is located in Czech Republic. The movie "Game of Thrones" was filmed in Prague Castle.
- The world's oldest astronomical clock is located in Czechia. Prague's astronomical clock was installed in 1410.
- Czech language is one of the most difficult languages to learn.
- Mushroom picking is an important part of Czech Republic.
- The famous sport in Czechia is an ice hockey.
- The Czechs are the 3rd nation ever reaching space.
- The first piece of music ever performed on the surface of the Moon was the New World Symphony by Czech composer Antonín Dvořák.
- The word "robot" is of Czech origin.
- The deepest underwater cave is located in Czech Republic. It is called Hranice Abyss.
- Prague is the only major city in Europe that wasn't bombed during the Second World War.
- Refined sugar was invented in Czechia.
- The Czechs invented many things such as screw propeller, a modern compass, photo prints and soft contact lenses.
- One of the oldest universities is located in Czechia. Charles University was established in Prague in 1348.
- The art of defenstration was invented by Czechs.
- Franz Kafka was Czech, not German. He was born and raised in Czech Republic, but many his works were written in German language.
- Simpson's Duff Beer is made in Czechia.
- The most fashionable guardsmen of Europe are the guardsmen of Czechia.
- Prague has been known as the "hansomest city of Europe". Czech Republic is home for 12 UNESCO monuments.
- The first plastic surgery was invented in Czech Republic in 1927.
- The Czech Republic is a landlocked country located in Central Europe. It shares borders with Germany, Austria, Slovakia, and Poland.