Interesting Facts about Switzerland
Switzerland Interesting Facts
Switzerland, officially the Swiss Confederation, is a country in Europe. Here are some interesting facts about Switzerland:
- Marriage age in Switzerland is late.
- There are 7000 lakes in Switzerland.
- Switzerland has one of the highest rates of gun ownership, but the lowest crime rates.
- Switzerland is one of the most innovative country in the world.
- Switzerland is one of the countries with the highest quality of life.
- Switzerland is one of the most expensive countries to live in.
- Switzerland has four national languages.
- Less than 15% of the Alps actually belong to Switzerland.
- Switzerland has 208 mountains and the highest peaks in Europe.
- Assisted Suicide is legal in Switzerland and it attracts Suicide Tourists.
- Swiss meat is one of the most expensive in the world.
- Switzerland is fully prepared for nuclear war.
- Watch was invented in Switzerland.
- Switzerland makes and eats a lot of chocolate.
- Switzerland is a birthplace of the Red Cross.
- In Switzerland, it is forbidden to give a child a name that could harm his interests.
- Switzerland is the birthplace of many inventions, including Einstein's most famous formula.
- The highest railway station of Europe is in Switzerland.
- The highest gravity dam of the world is located in Switzerland.
- Sunday in Switzerland is considered a day of silence. People are prohibited from doing anything that creates loud noise and may disturb others.
- In Switzerland, you cannot own one animal, only couples are allowed. Additionally, you need to pay taxes for the animal.
- Switzerland has one of the cleanest lakes in the world.
- Each city in Switzerland has its own constitution and rules.
- The longest tunnel in the world is located in Switzerland.
- The Swiss drink a lot of wine.
- Switzerland shares land borders with Germany, France, Italy, Austria, and Liechtenstein.