Kosh Madrasah is an architectural ensemble in the western part of the historical center of Bukhara, consisting of two madrasahs, facing the facades of each other. A similar combination of two buildings in Central Asia is denoted by the term "kosh", that is, "double", or "doubles". Built in the XVI century on behalf of the ruler of the Bukhara Khanate Abdullah Khan II (1557-1598).
Madari Khan Madrasah. The construction of Madari Khan Madrasah (built on behalf of the mother of the Khan) was completed in 1566-1567. The madrasah was badly damaged after a series of earthquakes and was restored in 1998.
Abdullah Khan Madrasah. The construction of the Abdullah Khan Madrasah began in 1587-1588, completed in 1589-1590. Over the years, large-scale restoration work was carried out at the madrasah, focusing mainly on the main facade of the building. Large-scale restoration work was carried out on the 2500th anniversary of the founding of Bukhara.
Top Sights of Bukhara