Kunya Ark is a fortress inside the fortified citadel of Itchan Kala in Khiva.
The fortress was the residence of the kings of Khiva and was erected in the twelfth century by Ok Shihbobo, later expanded in 1686 by Arang-khan. Being a royal office, it was equipped with everything needed: the harem, the mint, the stables, the arsenal, the mosque and the prison (Zindon). Today the building is a museum in which the ancient environments are shown.
The summer mosque is from the 19th century is decorated with white and blue floral-patterned tiles, with a red, orange and gold roof.
The outdoor throne room built in 1816 maintains a space that according to tradition is dedicated to the yurt.
Top Sights of Khiva