The madrasa Muhammad Amin Khan is an ancient madrasa of Khiva in Uzbekistan. It is located in the fortified district of Itchan Kala in the east and belongs to the UNESCO World Heritage. It is also located east of the Arab Mohammed Khan madrasa.
It was built between 1851 and 1854 under the reign of Muhammad Amin Khan. It was then the largest madrasa in Central Asia, because it could accommodate 260 students in a 72-meter-60-meter building and a 38-meter-wide court. The old student cells are mostly designed with two bedrooms. They give each façade a balcony with a loggia. The madrasa also housed the High Court of Justice of the Khiva Khanate.
The madrasa was de-confessionalized in 1924; He then hosted a prison in 1930. For more than fifteen years it has become a luxury hotel (Khiva hotel), able to accommodate a hundred tourists and also hosts a travel agency.
Top Sights of Khiva